Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Preggasaurus Rex

That pretty much sums up how I feel today... like a big, beastly creature walking around all awkwardly. Though I've been tremendously tired, I actually feel *pretty* good, all in all. I really have no room to complain. Yes, I'm exhausted. Yes, I am struggling to find shirts that don't expose the bottom part of my belly. And, yes, going up a set of stairs puts me horribly out of breath. But you know? I've had a darn good 37 weeks without complication or fear.

One thing I definitely forgot about pregnancy after Kate was born- the hiccups! But the moment he had them, it all came back to me. The rhythmic twitching of my belly instantly reminded me of how giggly I'd get when Kate would have the hiccups in there. I always felt, and still feel, bad for my baby! I hate the hiccups! Supposedly, it doesn't bother the baby, though. This poor kid has the hiccups more than anyone I know!

Kate has been paying a lot more attention to my belly the last few days, and talking about the baby more... asking "Where is baby brother?" and telling me that she is going to read books to him. "Sam I Am... Horton... Peek-a-Boo Baby..." I wish I could get her on camera saying it because it is so precious how much thought she puts in to which books she'll read to him. She'll pull up my shirt while we're on the couch and just leave her hand on my belly while she watches something else. She'll put her finger on my belly button and ask if that is where he comes out. It's all too sweet. I feel bad that she really has no idea how her life is about to change in the next month or so... she's been our world- calling the shots and getting all the attention. I know she'll be fine, but is it normal to have a little mommy guilt about rocking her world this way? I have to assume so.

No comments: