Friday, October 26, 2007

Kathryn is SO grounded!

Well, yesterday's OB appointment was not what I was expecting at all. I went in and everything was fine- no weight gain, good blood pressure, strong fetal heartbeat. Then she did my internal exam to see if I had dilated or made any progress. The words I didn't want to hear escaped her mouth, "Hmm... where did her head go?"

I'm sorry- what, did you just say?

She was head down just last week and the doctor knew right where she was. She said that most likely she was still head down, but they wanted to do an ultrasound just to be sure of her positioning since we're closing in on the end of this pregnancy. So I was sent to Hoag hospital, Matt in tow, to look at our little one. She started the ultrasound down low and I thought, "Oh crap... that looks like a butt." As she moved up toward my rib cage, I see a large sphere and finally said to the technician, "That is her head, isn't it?" She said, "Yeah... probably not what you wanted to hear, huh?" No. Not really.

So at 37 weeks and 4 days pregnant, we have a breech baby on our hands. Kathryn is in so much trouble. Seriously. What baby does that this close to their delivery date?! Only my stubborn daughter. So what now?

I haven't spoken with the doctor yet, and it sounds like I just sit and wait until my next appointment with her in a week. Then I guess she will check to see if Kat is still breech or if she decided to turn again... if not, I guess we could be looking at scheduling a c-section. Lame! I'm not a fan of the thought of surgery, but I guess it is what it is... whatever is best for her.

But seriously, Kat, take note- you have been warned. You'll be grounded until you're 15 if you don't bust a 180 pretty soon.

No comments: