Thursday, October 18, 2007

Doctor, doctor!

So I am officially seeing my doctor every week now until Kat makes her appearance into the world. I'm not a huge fan of going up to Irvine every week before work, but it is admittedly kind of an exciting time. Every week I will go in with the hope that some progress will be made and she will tell me that delivery is imminent! Not today, though. No progress, no changes and baby has only dropped a little bit... she still has some descending to do. It feels like she has dropped significantly- I can actually get air in my lungs now- but I expect to see some changes in the next couple of weeks.

So we're 24 days away from our EDD (estimated delivery date). For some reason I still feel like she might come earlier than planned, but I don't know. That is probably just wishful thinking.

The Pumpkin Patch here at church is in full force and here I am: Day 4 and I already hate pumpkins again. I'm exhausted and really don't want to look at them anymore. Someone came and smashed two of them last night... and stole a big one. Nice. Why people feel like they have to do that- especially at a church- is beyond me.

This morning I had a lovely case of pregnant woman woes... I'm just so tired, so over this pumpkin patch thing, and then driving up to find a couple of smashed pumpkins just sent me over the edge! I sat here crying and wondering why, WHY, did I agree to do this again this year?! What kind of idiot am I?! I am hoping that I will have enough help tonight that I can leave around 4:00pm. Who knows?

Well, that is all the news for now... our glider arrived and everything is ready for baby! Our bags are packed, the diaper bag is prepared and I am ready to do this! Bring it on, baby!

No comments: