Thursday, November 1, 2007

Atta girl, Kat!

Okay... so, I guess she was just playing games with us last week. We went in for my 38 week appointment today and talked about the possibilities for a breech baby- external cephalic version (turning the baby around from the outside) was an option, but it sounds risky, painful and not necessarily effective, so we decided we would just opt for a scheduled c-section.

She then did the normal check-ups... actually, she let Matt use the doppler to listen to the baby's heartbeat- he was a pro and found it right away :) Then she did the internal and said I am not dilated or anything, but said she could feel "something". I told her that I had felt some crazy movement on Friday night and that it felt like she was back in the same position she had always been. So, she felt around my belly then decided we should get another ultrasound to see if she had flipped back to vertex (head down).

Off to the hospital... we got our ultrasound. The technician asked what we thought before she did the u/s... I said I thought she was vertex; Matt said she'd still be breech- just to make it interesting. Well... I was RIGHT! I knew she had done it! Then we got to check out her heart and her little face for a while- the tech thinks she has my lips... who knows.

So- we have 10 days until the due date. No signs of impending labor, but I guess you never know. Dr. Grouse won't let me go too far past the 11th, so hopefully she'll be here within the next 14 days. Hopefully. I can't wait!

As of now, I am excited, horrified, worried, thrilled and pretty much everything in between. It feels fairly unreal that I am going to go through labor and delivery in the next couple of weeks and will soon be a mom. Maybe it will be real when it all happens- maybe not. Who knows... all I know is that I am ready to meet this little girl and love the heck out of her! Hooray!

No comments: