Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day!

Yesterday was Mother's Day, and though I am not technically a mother yet, I am a mother-to-be and that is just as exciting when the second Sunday in May rolls around!

Matt is the best. I have the best husband ever... you can't even dispute it. Not only did he get an adorable little aligator onesie (that says CHOMP! don't know why I love it, but I do!) and a little Angels outfit for our little baseball fan, but I am also set up for a mom-to-be massage at the St. Regis (Amy, Matt's sister, got one from her hubby, too- score!). I would have been happy with a kiss and a "Happy Mom's Day" wish... but this was fairly fantastic as well!

Today Matt had the ol' gallbladder removed... came home tonight with one less pointless organ. I'm grateful all went well and he is home in bed, rather than overnight at the hospital getting awakened every 30 minutes by the blood pressure cuff or something random like that. He is a trooper- I was so whiny after I had my appendix out, but he is up and about with no problems! Amazing! What a stud.

A hospital employee asked me how far along I am when I was in the elevator today. I was a little surprised, as it really isn't that obvious yet... maybe he is a L&D nurse or something. The funny ticker I have on my myspace right now reads, "Just plump or pregnant? Other people are noticing and are deciding whether to ask my Mommy this risky question!" How appropriate for my experience today! Oh well... I'm excited for my belly!

Friday is my next appointment- time to hear Nacho's heartbeat again! Oh, you didn't know? The new nickname he/she has been dubbed with is Nacho. Why? I don't know... but it makes me happy!

No comments: