Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Cat is out of the bag!

Here is a little recap of the weekend:

Saturday, May 5th- Telling the friends...
We had our Cinco de Mayo party and ushered people into the guest room to give their opinions on the "new furniture" we're looking into. I think there was some shock and disbelief... "Whaaaaa?!" "Are you... pregnant?!" "Umm... that is a crib." These were some of my favorite responses.

Everyone was so excited for us... though, I think it is a little unreal for everyone still. Let's be honest, it is still pretty unreal for me sometimes, too! It was so fun to finally tell them, though! Keeping something so exciting a secret for 13 weeks is brutal! I think Scott was the most surprised that we waited to tell for so long... hehehe, they all kept thinking about times that we had hung out in the last three months and that I was pregnant during random times... "I was going to buy you a beer at the baseball game!" "You lied at broomball!" "You just smiled when we joked you were pregnant!!"

I love it!

Sunday, May 6th- Telling the youth group...
Well... I was planning on telling them during high school Sunday school. The Tveit's were leaving early, so I decided to sneak the information to them before they left. Well... when Lynsey heard she immediately began screaming, hugging me and doing the happy dance. Needless to say, that attracted attention and within 2 minutes my entire youth group was aware of the situation! We went in and did our Sunday school lesson (I was impressed they were able to focus!). Because they had permission to tell people, it didn't take long for everyone to hear our news... word spreads fast when 10 teenagers know their youth director is pregnant.

So, we got lots of congrats, advice and shocked looks... people are excited and that is fun! I think I should probably get a a t-shirt that says:
"November 11th."
"I'm feeling pretty good."
"Yes, we're planning on finding out the sex."
I think that would pretty much sum up the three most asked questions we've heard so far! Maybe that would be too much though... until then I will keep answering.

So it was a fun weekend, all in all. I'm starting to get my energy back, I think, which is nice. My cravings for hard boiled eggs seem to be passing. One family, the Pagels, bought me a jar of pickles and a gift card for Golden Spoon. Too funny!

Well... I should get back to work... just wanted to do this before my pregnancy brain ate this information in a black hole, never to be remembered again. Until next time...

No comments: