Thursday, May 24, 2007

15 weeks and all is well...

Our last appointment went great- the NP, Carmen, put the doppler on my belly and we could hear Nacho's little heartbeat loud and clear! She looked very pleased and said, "That is a very strong heartbeat! Perfect!" Needless to say I was quite pleased as well! After the last appointment and barely being able to hear anything, it was great to lay there and listen to that little whooshwhooshwhoosh for a few minutes.

Carmen pointed out the different sounds and what they were... we could hear a little clicking sound which she said was the actual closing of the valves (she was impressed we could hear all that- Nacho placed him/herself perfectly to hear everything)! Too cool!

We scheduled our big ultrasound for June 13th!!! So in less than 3 weeks now we should know whether Nacho is a boy or a girl! I am so excited... words cannot describe! I see the appeal in waiting until birth to hear the doctor announce "It's a _____!" However, the lack of gender neutral baby things on the market just affirms our decision to find out at our ultrasound. Plus... why wait?! We can start picking a name (which I know we will need all the time we can get... Matt and I probably talked about boy names for 30 minutes last night and came to no agreement...), picking out furniture and bedding, looking at room decor... yep. I am excited to know!

In the beginning, I was totally convinced that we were having a boy. Now... I'm not really sure. I don't know why I was so convinced... just intuition... but the past few weeks I have been wavering and I know that there are no sure bets. So we'll see in a few weeks!!! Here is my belly (from last week- 14 weeks)... see the baby bump?!!?


I'm feeling pretty well... taking a new pre-natal vitamin that makes my burps taste like I ate fish tacos for lunch (yeah, gross, I know). I'm not a big fan, but supposedly the DHA is really good for fetal brain development, and that makes it worth it to me.

That is all for now... updates soon to come!

No comments: