Thursday, June 9, 2011

Catching up.

Wow. So much for being better about blogging. Four months have passed and we've been busy as ever. I feel like changes to my littles happen so quickly. It's only been four months, but looking at the pics from that last post, they have gotten so much bigger in such a small period of time!

Kate is this smart, inquisitive little girl- certainly not a baby anymore- who loves Tangled, playing with her toy kitchen and can make her brother laugh more than anyone else can. Her smile almost literally lights up a room and her laugh is crazy contagious.



We had a parenting milestone this week as we received our first call from school that our little girl had been hurt. The phone call was fairly dramatic, but the situation didn't pan out to be as serious as they made it sound on the phone. I suppose they have to cover their bases, but really? I cried the whole way over to the school praying she was ok. As it turned out, she slammed her finger in a door in the bathroom on the playground. It looked pretty gnarly, and there must have been a pretty good amount of blood. When the teacher went to put a bandaid on it, she passed out cold and somehow hit her head on the way down. By the time I got there, she was still ghost white, but they said she looked a lot better. My poor girl. She was so quiet and sleepy. We took her home, and after a lengthy conversation with the doctor on the phone, everything checked out fine and she slept off the trauma of the day.



Ahh. So begins a lifetime of worry for my babies' safety.

Will is getting into his own trouble, crawling around everywhere and pulling up on anything and everything. He's such a funny, curious little man. It's so much fun to have one of each- my son is amazing. Still makes me laugh how terrified I was to have a boy- he is more than I could have ever hoped for. His hair is definitely one of those things people will always remember about him as a baby. We get stopped at least twice every time we go to the store with someone commenting on his hair or asking to touch it. It is pretty fantastic.





As for me, my newest addiction is the website Pinterest. There are so many inspiring ideas for crafts and food and home... its all too much. It has moved me to do a few quick crafts while Kate is at school and Will is napping... I made some little summer wreaths for our front doors out of a super cheapie tshirt:





Then I just made some quick little flowers to stick on there.


I've also been setting aside baby food jars in case I thought of something to do with them... so I threw some ribbon and raffia around them and used them on the table with candles and some flowers. It looked super cute!





So these were fairly harmless crafts... but I have to say, that site is putting all these ideas in my head of BIG projects for our house. I have a vision in my head of what we could do to our kitchen and phew... guess we better start saving! It does feel good to be inspired though... baby steps!

I've been running a lot, and have run two 5k races now... woo! I have always hated running, but as it turns out, its not so bad of you really give it a try. I'm super excited for the Irvine Lake Mud Run in July... need to find someone to take photos while we make messes of ourselves. I was getting super discouraged that I wasn't losing weight... until I went to buy a new pair of jeans. Guess who went down a size? Ha!

And just in time for me to finish putting in my little update, I can hear Will upstairs telling me he's done snoozing... time to start our day!

No comments: