Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Being a tourist.

Last week we ran around like crazy people, squeezing in way too much in one week. Having grown up in Southern California, I've done the SD Zoo, Seaworld and Disneyland many, many times. But never all in one week. Tourists must be exhausted (and broke) after squeezing all of that into one vacation.

My mom took a much needed, much anticipated vacation for herself down to San Diego. So the kiddies and I spent two nights down there with her and hit up the zoo on Monday and Seaworld on Tuesday. I've done both of those with Kate before, but this time was the most fun since she's old enough now to appreciate and be excited about it. Will? Well, he couldn't really care less, but that's ok- he's still free ;-)



Wednesday was Kate's last day of preschool, which meant a big, fun ice cream party and then onto Disneyland for Friday and Saturday. We had military passes, which give you three days to use in the park. We'd done one day back in March and had two more, so with Matt's sister in town with the girls we decided we'd all use up our days and go have some fun with these little ladies. Watching the parades and seeing the characters with 3 and 5 year old girls is so much fun. The wonder in the their little faces is completely perfect. The second day, we had dinner at Ariel's Grotto and the girls all got to meet Ariel, Snow White, Belle, Cinderella and Aurora. Oh my goodness. I've never seen Kate so awestruck. As the other girls babbled on and on to CInderella about her movie, Kate just stood there watching then suddenly blurted, "I LOVE YOU!" in an incredibly awkward, but perfectly precious way. Sigh. Childhood innocence at it's finest. Pics coming soon...

I think we might have to get passes... I just love seeing my sweetheart experience all that magic!

No comments: