Sunday, July 25, 2010

Induction Day is Here

Today is the day we meet Will! Well, hopefully. I was to call Hoag L&D between 5-6am this morning to check the status of my scheduled 7am induction. I was told to call back at 8am. It's now 7:50am and I am praying this next phone call doesn't end with "Call back at..." I had a dream last night that they couldn't admit me and finally around 1:30 in the afternoon they just sent me home and said they couldn't do it today. So, of course, the dream is still spinning around the back of my mind!

My feelings right now... I'm nervous and anxious, but excited. It's a struggle to eat breakfast right now- I'm hungry and won't be allowed to eat anything else after I'm admitted, but going into it knowing that more than likely I'll be looking at this food again in a little pink kidney shaped dish in several hours is a little tough on the appetite. I'm anxious about Kate- mostly about how she is going to react when I'm not at home tonight. Last night she woke up crying around 11pm and when I asked what was wrong, she said "I missed you, mommy." Sweet? You bet. But just a tad heartbreaking knowing that I'll be away the next couple of nights. I know she is in good hands with grandparents and daddy... it's just the mommy guilt thing.

I can hear that she just woke up, so I'll go snuggle her for a few more minutes then make call #2 to L&D. Let's get this show on the road!

1 comment:

Mic said...

so excited for you! i hear ya on the not being able to eat but needing to. i can't wait to see pics of kate meeting will. :) xoxo