Monday, January 21, 2008

2 Months Old!

This little girl is getting so big! It is funny- we are with her and see her everyday, so we don't notice her change in size as much! Wow- what a growing girl!



We've had two nights now where Kate has "slept through the night". Before I was a parent, the term "sleeping through the night" was something much different than it is to me now. When parents would talk about their babies sleeping through the night, I assumed that they meant sleeping from 8pm to 8am. Sounded great! I've come to learn; however, that sleeping through the night is more like 9pm to 5:30am. I don't think I've ever been so excited to get to sleep *only* until 5:30am. The difference between waking up at 12:30, then 2:30, then 4:30, then 6:30; and then getting to sleep from 10pm to 5:30am is better than you can even begin to imagine. She hasn't given us (and when I say "us" I actually mean "me"... Matt sleeps peacefully through the 2:30am feeding) another one of those beautiful nights in a while, though. She'll come around.

I'm trying to wean her (and myself, let's be honest) off the swing. I don't mind putting her it in to calm her down and get her drowsy, but I'd like to start getting her used to her crib. She has taken one 45 minute nap in there. That is it. Looking back, it cracks me up that when I ordered the crib, I was so nervous it wouldn't be here by the time I delivered... but it made it in plenty of time. And yet, here it is 2 months into Kat's life, and she has only slept in it one time.

We got her a little seat called a "Bumbo" and she loves it! We don't leave her in it for too long yet, since she is still building head & neck strength, but she does great in it for short periods of time!


Kate had her first boat ride this past Saturday, when we rented a patio boat on Mission Viejo lake and went out with Chris Baldwin and his girlfriend, Carly. It was such a beautiful day (only in So. Cal!) and I forsee Kat being a houseboat driver of the next generation. Ok, maybe not, but you never know.


I think that is it for now... many more Kat tales to come!

No comments: