Sunday, August 15, 2010

I Was Wrong...

While I was pregnant with Will, I was secretly terrified that I wouldn't be able to love Will like I loved Kate. Not that he wouldn't be loved... but that I love her so intensely, so completely and so deeply that it would be impossible for my heart to double that love. I was scared about the boy thing, too... would it be different? Would I connect emotionally with a baby boy like I did our baby girl?

I am relieved to find that what they say is true- your heart grows. I'm wildly in love with my daughter AND my son. Last night was a sweet one. Will was a rockstar sleeper, and Kate stayed in bed until about 6:30am when she came in to our bed. I spent the 4am hour nursing little man and swooning over his perfectness, which meant he was back in his bed when Kate came to snuggle and I was able to dwell on her sweet blonde curls, her long eyelashes and her snuggly personality. Heaven.



The past three weeks have gone by lightening fast. Will had made it back to birth weight at 2 weeks (woohoo!) and judging by the way he's been eating this week, I'm betting he's far surpassed that by now. His umbilical cord stump fell off at 10 days old (5 days more than his sister's) and it was far less terrifying for me than it was when Kate's fell off. Guess its that second child thing. Sadly, I can tell his hair is already thinning out- I don't want it to go! It's so cute... especially right out of the bath.



I took his newborn pics at 9 days- though I tried at 6 days and failed- and it was fun to shoot my own little guy. Now I'm fighting the battle to pick/ design his birth announcement. I'm so much pickier since taking up photography and I want something unique... I just can't create anything I am thrilled with right now. Oh well... guess I'll find something!



As far as post-partum stuff goes, I am feeling great. Some pre-pregnancy clothes; but certainly not all, are fitting again which feels good. Breastfeeding still hurts a bit, which is a bummer... I thought for sure it'd be a piece of cake this time. Its liveable, though. Emotionally, I've got it together and am really enjoying this time in my life. Matt is doing well- going back to work this coming week and we're feeling pretty confident in our life with two!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Awww.. isn't it amazing how you can love so much. Beautiful pics. He is more than adorable.