Monday, May 5, 2008

New Lens!

I splurged and bought a new lens for my camera (ok, it isn't a big splurge... it is the cheapest lens you can get, but it is SO cool!). Here are a few from my first times playing with it:






Takes some getting used to... it doesn't zoom, so I have to do the work of moving around, but that is kind of neat. I have also discovered the beauty of shooting in RAW- very cool! It gives you so much more control in editing (i.e. it makes my pics look so much better than they actually come out looking, since I'm no pro). I'm even shooting in manual mode, people... adios, "Auto" mode!

Kate is more and more fantastic all the time and even when I think it is impossible to be any more in love with her, I find myself more in love with her each day. Today I realized how frightening love can be. As I watched tv, there was a teaser to a story that would be aired on 48 Hours or one of those mystery shows: a nanny accused of killing this little baby girl. I felt physically ill. Who could do that? What would I do if someone tried to hurt my daughter? The answer scares me. I felt like a lioness. A mother bear. If someone tried to harm my Kathryn, my cub, Lord help them. Even the very thought of it made this... I can only explain it as a 'heat', build up inside of me... scary. I'm not a violent person, and I'm certainly not the strongest. But God forbid anyone should threaten harm upon my family, there is a primal part of me that would do anything to protect her. Rawr.

Whoo. That was heavy. On a lighter note, my amazing, wonderful and always thoughtful Matt watched the lovebug today so I could go use my Glen Ivy gift certificates today with my mom! Now, pre-natal massages were great. Super. But it was SO fantastic to get a real-deal massage today! The facial was excellent as well. Ooh. I feel refreshed! And do you know how long it's been since I was able to enjoy a hot tub? Over 16 months, I can tell you that, because hot tubs are a "no no" when you're pregnant. It was amaaaaaazing! So thanks, Matty-C... Best. Husband. Ever.

Well, it's off to bed for me. Hooray for sleep!

No comments: