Saturday, March 1, 2008

What a week!

Our little girl is growing up! Now, usually, I am opposed to her growing up... but this week she started sleeping through the night. Not just until 4am... but on Thursday night, she slept until 8:20am!!!!!! Amazing! I think the new combination of pajamas and the SwaddleMe blanket have joined forces to create a super sleeper! Although last night she did wake twice, but I think that is because she squirms and bumps her head against the side of the crib... I think we'll tone down the incline on her mattress a bit and see if that helps.

I also learned a valuable lesson on Tuesday: no matter how long it has been since she ate, spit up is still possible. I picked her up from the changing table, held her over my head and started telling her how wonderful she is when suddenly, she spat up... IN MY MOUTH!!!! NOOOOOOO! My instinctual reaction was to spit it out, which all ended up back on her face. She started crying, because she didn't know why I was freaking out... meanwhile, I am gagging. I had to put her in her crib and run to the bathroom for a thorough mouth washing. It had been 2 hours since she'd eaten, too, which meant the milk was all curdled and nasty... oh man... it was filthy. Then I had to go in and console her and reassure her that I knew she didn't do it on purpose. Poor little bug.






Well, as I type this, she has just spit up all over herself again, so I guess I'd better go take care of that. Over and out!

No comments: